Tonight we attended Leo's Preschool's Ice Cream Social. Though I wasn't feeling very social, we can't turn down an opportunity to eat ice cream right before bedtime. Tom was such a good dad and came home in time to join us even though he's very busy at work and is leaving tomorrow for his college reunion in Chicago. Then again, there was ice cream, so pretty much a no brainer.
Serafina was a good sport. She gets a lot of looks with the big pink cast anywhere we go. Sometimes even the "poor baby" lip pout. I mostly socialized with people I know and already know the full story, so I didn't have to go into, which was something I wasn't really looking forward to.
Here she is with her daddy. Check out that kid in the monkey helmet in the background. His mom said it was part of a Halloween costume. Whatever it is, it makes the pink cast less of a spectacle.

Musical act Andy Z performed. I guess he's big in the local kids music scene. He gave me a bit of a headache, but the kids loved him. He had them jumping, marching, parading around and generally having a ball. Here they are singing a dinosaur song or something.

As soon as we got there, his little friend Brielle latched right on to him. It's really cute how much she loves him. He's really tolerant, though her mom and the teacher remind him often that he can tell her "no thank you." His teacher said it's get him use to pushy women early.



Apparently he's very popular in class. Many kids want to sit next to him and hold his hand. I asked the teacher if it's because he's the youngest, but she seems to think he's just the flavor of the month. I hope he doesn't miss the attention when it shifts to someone else.
Serafina had a follow-up x-ray today. Everything looks good and she's on schedule to be in a short cast on November 2nd and completely out of the cast on November 22. Hang in there, baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment