Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all the moms out there had a good day. I know I did. My day started with Leo snuggled up in bed with me.  Next up was a pancake breakfast made by Tom.  We settled into our typical Sunday routine with Serafina and I running an errand and Tom and Leo heading out to take care of some others.  I've been wanting a lime tree because, heck, limes are awesome.  Tom has been resistant, arguing we don't have space for it.  Our backyard is taken up by pool and the front yard has limited available spots because we currently have six tomato plants out there in addition to our year-round landscaping.  I had pestered him about it, but had resigned myself to being lime-less.  But when the boys were back from shopping, Leo burst in the door and declared "we bought you a lime tree!".  I was so happy.  I came running outside to see it.
Isn't it cute?  We're still not 100% sure where we are going to place it but I'm very happy.  There was also a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers for me in with the groceries.  I was just thrilled to have someone else do the shopping, so the flowers were a very nice bonus.  Leo told me that I got the flowers because I'm the perfect mom.  Awww.  That's a good kid right there.  In the afternoon, I went to yoga class (in some new yoga clothes, which were also a mother's day gift) and then we had a family dinner.  All in all, a wonderful day.

Yesterday was pretty awesome too.  I also woke up with Leo snuggled close and he informed me he had a dream he was eating ice cream.  I told him that dream might possibly come true.  It was a powerful bargaining chip to use throughout the day and the kid took a good nap, did minimal whining and ate good, healthy meals all day.

Before we fulfilled our dreams, we ran errands and had some pool time.  Leo has been in the pool a handful of times over the last two weeks.  He hasn't wanted to take off his floatie since I think his confidence isn't very high and he's still getting use to being in the pool.  I asked him to take it off yesterday just to see if he could touch the bottom.  And he could!  He was so happy and had a lot of fun walking around the shallow end.
Tom encouraged him to try some swimming.  He's rusty and a little apprehensive, but he was willing to try.
He's a happy guy in the water.
Serafina, not so much.  She hasn't been very interested in swimming.  She likes being outside and playing with the pool toys.  She did go in the water with me once earlier this week and though she wasn't thrilled, she also didn't want to get out.  Since then, she has only wanted to watch the pool action.

Tom thought he could change her mind, but all he did was make her cry...a lot.  

After dinner, we walked to the ice cream shop.
And Leo learned that dreams can come true.

No comments: