This very nice grandpa brought a bag full of wood gliders for the kids. He assembled each one and gave the kids a demo. Leo was incredibly patient waiting for his glider.
It took some practice to get the rubber band launching just right, but he did pretty well. He was also thrilled that he got to keep the glider. I predict that will be on the roof or in a tree as soon as Tom gets his hands on it.
Serafina had fun too. They sat down for lunch and Serafina declared it "yuck". That's her new favorite word, but with her "y"s sounding like "l"s, she says "luck". Not so lucky to be served this plate of food apparently. All she ate was fruit and dessert. Leo did much better with his meal.
My contribution was vegan mini-cupcakes, which I didn't advertise as vegan since I didn't want any undo bias against my baked goods. They honestly taste just the same as traditional cupcakes. A couple of moms asked if they were vegan (word must of spread that I'm currently eating vegan), and were happy to hear they were since they have kids with egg and/or dairy allergies and finally could have a dessert to enjoy. That made me very happy. I wasn't so happy with how many cupcakes I ate myself but I think it's all part of successful surgery recovery, right? Don't correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments:
Post a Comment