Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Leo's last day of preschool

In the past four and a half years, Leo has had a lot of "first"s, but today he had his last day of preschool. I thought I'd be more emotional about it since this is a bittersweet milestone of my little guy growing up. But like the last day last year, I was working in the classroom, so I was very occupied with helping, setting up snack (I brought a special cookie treat) and cleaning up.

There was extra cleaning because the teacher decided to treat the kids on the last day with some sand table play.
I proudly passed on some of my obsessive habits to the next generation by teaching Leo and Paige the satisfying act of sorting objects.

At circle time, the teacher asked each kid what his/her favorite memory from the school year.  Many kids brought up the Happy Hollow field trip and other "big" events.  Here's Leo's answer.

Snack time.  Leo and Aila ate the bananas I brought but many kids weren't interested in my fruit choice so I brought the rejects home to make something delicious.
Ahhh...the yearbook. They were handed out today and I'm happy with how they turned out, but I'm so glad I won't have to do it again.  The teacher showed one off to the class.

Leo wanted a closer look but he was suppose to be sitting in circle.
The one moment that I got a little choked up was seeing Tom striding up the walkway to the school.  He said he'd try to make it, but I was so thrilled he was able to show up since I know how busy he is during the day.  
And Tom was there to witness the certificate presentation.  They don't call it a graduation since it's just preschool for crying out loud, but it's exciting to see him complete this phase.

Group hug with the teacher.

No comments: