Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Be My Valentine

Serafina's class walked to a nearby mailbox yesterday to mail Valentines to all the parents.  The teacher wanted to photograph the kids dropping the letters in the mailbox, but she forgot her camera.  She asked if I could bring over my camera for someone to use or join them for the walk.  I thought about joining them for the walk, but since I have such a small window of time when both kids are at school, I realized that was a terrible idea.  I swung by the school and handed my camera off to a dad that was working in the classroom and headed off the the grocery store to shop all by my lonesome.  

He did a pretty decent job with the pictures.  Here are the kids leaving the school.  


Serafina dropping in her letter.  
 Getting ready to cross the street to come back to school.
 Tomorrow both kids will hand out Valentines to their classmates.  Last year, the kids made their own Valentine and I thought it might be the last time.  But they were willing to do it again this year, which made me very happy.

Here's Serafina's batch.
 I'm so charmed by these little faces.

 Leo's batch.





He wrote each kids' name and his own on the back.

In past years, I've included some type of organic candy but this time I just got Dum-Dums since those are my kids' favorite.


No comments: