Friday, June 7, 2013

Park Party and Spring Carnival

 The end-of-the-year hubbub is in full swing at Leo's school.  Today was the Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten Park Party.  It was also the Spring Carnival this evening.

The day got started with group time in the classroom.  The teacher let Serafina sit in.

 Then the kids used the bathroom and lined up to walk to the park.
 Leo and Serafina were walking buddies.  Sometimes they are so twin-like it freaks me out a bit.
 Mrs. Hufana went over the rules.

Almost immediately, Leo accidentally stepped on Serafina's hand.  Mrs. Hufana put some cold water on it to make her feel better.  I think just getting so much attention from Mrs. Hufana was what made her feel better.


They played on this bouncy thing for a while.
 They were joined by Christine and Ella.  The kids really liked it when I got on and bounced it really big.  It was super tiring to do and it was also really heating up outside.
 Serafina got some pushes on the swing from Daniel.
 Then Sean joined in.
 She loved it.
 Lucas came over to join the party.
 Then it was snack time.  I signed up to bring cookies.  I'm not sure who this kid is but he was double fisting my chocolate cookies with chocolate chips and mini M&Ms.
 Leo was happy with cookies for snack time.
 It was pretty darn hot out and Leo came to rest in the shade in my stroller every now and then.
 Serafina had fun blowing bubbles.

 Talking to his teacher, Mrs. Meyer.

 Lunch time.  All the kids were pretty full of cookies so no one really ate much lunch.
 By this point, we had been at the park for three hours.  The moms there to help were very done with it all, but the day wasn't actually done.

We stopped by a different part of the park to play with the "balloon rocket".  Here they are watching the balloons.
 Twins again.

 Even in the heat and after the long day, Serafina was still dancing around.
 Serafina's turn to have a balloon rocket.

A lot of the balloons were popping in the heat and on the grass.  Serafina got a little worried, so Mrs. Meyer helped her launch the balloon.  
 Leo took a turn.
 When we finally walked back to the school, it was past one pm and everyone was sweaty and tired.  I asked Leo if he wanted to stay at school or just come home with me.  He didn't hesitate at the chance to come home.  We veg-ed out for a while and then took a swim.  But then we had to get ready to head back to the school for the Spring Carnival.  I had signed up for a "take-home" job to help with the event.  I made cupcakes, which were given away as prizes for one of the games.  I've been so busy that I used a box mix for the cake, but I did make my own frosting.  It really makes a big difference.  You can see some of them are piled high with fluffy frosting, but then I started to run out so some were much less impressive.  I tried to make up for it with extra sprinkles.
 The bounce houses were my kids' favorite.
 They also played some games, like pool noodle javelin toss.

And knock down the ping-pong ball with a spray bottle.  
 Serafina got some help from Sean.
 Snow cones were a big hit.



No comments: