Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer cold

We've had one full week of summer break.  We are having a good time, seeing friends, swimming a lot and still trying to practice reading and writing.

Unfortunately, they both have colds.  Leo has a little bit of a sore throat and the sniffles.  Serafina has both of those and a really bad cough at night.  In the wee hours this morning, she had a coughing spell that lasted over an hour.  It was a huge bummer and I decided to take her to the doctor today.  During the day, she seems just fine.  She sniffles a lot, but she has tons of energy and appetite.

See...happy girl.
But all that coughing was freaking me out, so I took her to the doctor.  Office policy is that coughing kids wear a mask.  That lasted all of a hot minute.
It's just a cold.  Not much we can do but ride it out.  The doctor did say we can give her a little Benadryl to ease the symptoms at night.  I gave her some before bed, but I can still hear her coughing.

No comments: