Monday, July 21, 2014

Dance camp

Today was the first day of Dance Camp for Serafina.  

 Specifically, it is "Little Ballerina Camp" at the same dance studio she attends during the school year.  It's three hours a day each day this week.
 When we picked her up she said it was fun but that the dance they were learning to perform was boring because it was too short.

I think I've mentioned that Leo has been dealing with a lot of night time fears.  He has trouble falling asleep and wakes up most nights with bad dreams.  It's exhausting for everyone.  Last night, he took a long time to fall asleep and kept getting up.  Then he was awake again at 4:30 this morning with a bad dream.  He likes to get in bed with Serafina.  He claims he feels safe.  His top bunk is "too scary, too lonely and too hot".  I believe him that it's probably kind of hot up there.  I'd like him to sleep in his own bed, but last night I was too tired to enforce anything.  For tonight, I came up with a solution.  He wants to be cooler and closer to his sister, so I set him up on a mat on the floor next to her bed.  They both seemed happy with the solution and I haven't heard a peep since I kissed them goodnight and turned out the light.



No comments: