Since my mom is getting closer to retirement age, she's starting to scope out potential places to move once she's done working. She asked me if I had heard of Edenvale, which is in south San Jose. I hadn't, so we decided to go check it out this morning. We headed to a restaurant for brunch.
The place is supposedly "famous" for its Swedish pancakes, described on the menu as "thin, crepe-like pancakes served with ligonberry butter". It sounded delicious, but the execution was all off and it wasn't very good at all. They had a weird texture and color like they had been rolled out of Play-doh.
We drove around Edenvale and Leo kept asking if were were in Sunnyvale. That pretty much tells you that it looks just like the rest of the South Bay. Edenvale is home to the Hayes Mansion, which has been turned into a fancy hotel.
We didn't go inside but we went to the park that is adjacent to the park. Serafina quickly climbed up this rock and then was too afraid to get down. We talked her through it and then Leo did the exact same thing.
This afternoon the kids invited the neighbors over to swim again. While Serafina waited for them to come over she practiced some dance moves. Before they got in the pool, they decided to play Clue. The winners were allowed to push the losers into the pool.
I went to yoga while they played and swam. After I got home and showered, I started making dinner. Unfortunately, I decided to break apart some frozen hot dogs with a knife. I broke them apart alright and also straight through the package and into my hand, right between my ring and middle finger. I decided to go to urgent care since it hurt a lot and bled a lot. My friend Katie was kind enough to take me while my mom stayed home with kids. Katie also reminded the doctor to give me a tetanus shot and snapped this picture while I was getting my stitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment