Monday, July 14, 2014

New park and a Leo update

For the first time in 30 years, the city of Sunnyvale has opened a new park.  The ribbon cutting was on Saturday so we went today.  It was hot and crowded and lacking in sufficient shade.  My friend had a busy morning of errands so I took her daughter with us, which was fun.  


 Red, sweaty girl.
Leo was still having throat pain and I could see little dots on the roof of his mouth.  He said the bottom of his foot hurt too.  I figured his shoe must have rubbed him wrong.  After barely touching his dinner (it hurt to eat), he went to bed but got up to tell me his hands hurt the same way as his foot.  I looked at his hand and it had the same little dots as his mouth.  Poor kid has hand-foot-mouth disease.  It's probably what Serafina had, but she only had it in the mouth.  He's contagious so instead of doing my friend a favor by taking her kid to the park, I exposed her to a painful virus that she can easily pass to her brothers.  I feel bad about it, but that is life with kids.


No comments: