I had a nice, simple Mother's Day which is how I like it. The kids woke me up this morning with their handmade cards from school.
I helped in Serafina's class on the day they made the handprints for this flower art. I had fun painting the kids hands and making them giggle from the tickling paintbrush.
I think my sewing of stuff was fresh in her mind because I made the alterations to her dance costume this week and she watched me do it. Thankfully it wasn't very complicated, but there are costume "inspections" this week, so we'll see if it passes.
Here's Leo's card. Front...
Back...
Inside...
Aren't they cute?
We took a walk around the neighborhood and I discovered Leo's shorts were on backward. This happens quite frequently.
Tom also got some cucumber plants for the garden. I have my fingers crossed they do well and I can make some pickles this year. Last year's cucumbers were a bust, but two years ago we had tons.
It was a nice day that was also tinged with sadness since it was the first Mother's Day without Tom's mom, Ruth. He was feeling down about it and I was feeling down right along with him since the pain of parental loss is so fresh for me.
In fact just a few days after I came home from Arkansas, Leo brought home an assignment to do an "origins" project for school. It made me tear up to think about compiling pictures of our family and having so many of them be gone. Nana helped Leo work on it when she was here last time and Tom did a lot of assistance last weekend. This week I helped him glue down the photos and write the labels. The end result turned out great and Leo was happy with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment