The school district has one Open House night for all the elementary schools, which isn't a problem if all your kids attend the same school. Mine don't, so it was a bit of a whirlwind night. Open House ran from 6pm - 7pm at both schools. It's a lot to squeeze in to one hour. Tom was at a conference in San Francisco so our first stop was to pick him up at the train station. The station is pretty close to Serafina's school and her classroom was our first stop.
She was very excited to show off her room and her hard work. Here's her book of self-portraits.
A picture of a pig in her farm book.
Her chicken painting. I was there for the painting day last week since the teacher seems to love to save painting activities for when I'm helping. I never wear nice clothes to her class.
The class made a farm poster together.
Serafina's teacher is under the weather and is getting married this weekend, so she stayed home to rest and recover. After a quick tour of Serafina's room, it was off to Laurelwood for Leo's turn. Luckily I know the back roads to get there so we still had a good amount of time.
Checking out some of Leo's work.
Leo claims he didn't forget his dad on this page, but just ran out of space. Um, sure.
A self-portrait. No glasses and looking a bit grumpy, but I'm impressed. His report on the Sun Bear from his trip to the zoo.
Art.
More art.
Serafina's friend and dance classmate Emma (in the red shirt) is currently a kindergarterner but came to check out the first grade room with her family. Leo showed her around.
Picture with Mrs. Minnery. She's an amazing lady.
We also went to see the kindergarten classrooms. Serafina is hoping to get Leo's former teacher, Mrs. Robinson.
We looked at a couple 2nd grade rooms too. Leo was inspired by the projects and books he saw in there. Tom and the kids hit up the preschool bake sale (my first year not being involved) before going home and I headed to a PTA meeting. It was busy but fun night and was very proud of my kids and their hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment