Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Leo's first grade field trip

Leo only had one field trip this year but it was a big one.  Today all of the first graders went to the Oakland Zoo.  It's about a hour drive on the bus.  Unfortunately, my carpool partner for Serafina's school is at Disneyland this week, so I didn't have anyone to drop off or pick up Serafina.  That made me unavailable to go on the field trip.  I'm usually the field trip queen!  Leo was disappointed and asked me several times if I was sure I couldn't go.  He wasn't whiny or rude about it and he was still excited about going.  

Here he is with his group and my friend Heather as a chaperone.  She named her group Team Crazy. She had a couple wild boys with her but I wasn't worried about Leo being an issue.  He's a good kid, especially for other people.  The kid in the Pirates hat is his teammate Kyle.  


 Waiting in line for the bus.

 The buses were filled to the max and they had to take a group of parents off to drive separately just to be able to fit all the kids on.
 He has to write a report about an animal he saw at the zoo so that's why he's equipped with a paper and pencil necklace.


Heather sent me a picture of Team Crazy at the zoo.  She said they survived just fine.  It was a big day and Leo told me about all the kids that fell asleep on the bus ride home.  He didn't sleep and had to go to swim lessons and his sister's Tball practice this afternoon.  He was a good sport though all of it.  I was impressed.  
 Because my friend Lina was on the field trip, I picked up her son Felix from preschool.  Felix and Serafina dove right into dress up.

 He decided that wearing his jeans underneath wasn't acceptable, so those had to go.  Then he had to add the ballet slippers (several sizes too big) and a bow.  He kept going into the bathroom to brush his hair and told me his name was "Princess Stella".  I love this kid and I think I'll be having him over for more playdates.
 Of course, Serafina needed to have her picture taken too.



No comments: