I can't believe I've gotten myself involved with another Nutcracker. Last year's show just about wrecked me. Of course, this is a very different production - intended to draw out the "awwws" from proud parents as opposed to recreating a classic ballet.
Anyway, Leo was thrilled to be casted as a toy solider and had his first rehearsal last week. Unfortunately, he forgot to go straight there at lunch time so another kid had to go fetch him. This week I decided I would help out at rehearsal which would serve the double purpose of making sure my kid got there and helping out the director of this dance who is very sweet but a bit disorganized.
Man, I was glad I was there. The two directors had 20 squirrelly boys to wrangle and it wasn't easy. Leo was very well behaved during the rehearsal but not much got done in the hour. Hopefully, next time it will go smoother.
No comments:
Post a Comment