Taking their turn to march in the parade.
She was so excited every time she saw someone she knew, especially her brother.
Here's Leo with Navid before they headed to the parade.
He was having glove issues when he passed by Serafina's class which is where I was sitting. I gave him a hand. Hee-hee. Here's Leo's class. I didn't get a group shot of Serafina's class.
Leo's class party was right after the parade. There was lots of food and the kids made silly putty.
They decorated the cups and called it "Franken-putty".
Serafina's class party was after lunch. There wasn't much food but fun activities and barely organized chaos. I was pretty burnt out by the end of all that, but we still had another party to host. My friends and I decided to throw the same fundraising party as last year. I added a new game this year with pin the candy corn on Dracula.
Nana was a good sport to help us set up and she helped run this game.
Last year's bean bag toss monster was thrown away by Aida's husband. He thought it was crappy art the kids had made and not my awesome creation. I made a new one. Serafina was a big fan of her soccer team mate Elise's costume. It combines the scary and pretty that really appeals to Serafina. Plus it includes clip-on earrings, so it's really the ultimate costume. If Serafina doesn't grow too much, maybe she can borrow it next year.
Nana helped the boys make popcorn hands too.
Serafina and her friend Sunny in their Halloween shirts.
We went home from a little break after the party but ended up rushing to get to our trick-or-treating starting point. Fortunately everyone was patient and our kids jumped in with this giant group to head out in the neighborhood.
It was the dads' turn to escort the kids. I thoroughly enjoyed relaxing on Aida's porch under a blanket, drinking a beer and "ooo-ing and aahh-ing" over the cute trick-or-treaters that came to the house.
So that's a wrap on Halloween 2016. I realized after the kids were in bed that I never got a picture of them together. Oh well. Now we get to talk about what they will next year for the next 10.5 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment