Friday, December 16, 2016

Leo the Toy Soldier

Today was the dress rehearsal (and thankfully, the final rehearsal) for the Nutcracker.  Leo looked adorable as a toy soldier.  
 He will only have makeup for the evening performances.  I'll make sure to snap a picture since I'm pretty sure I'll be doing quite a bit of the makeup on the boys.

There is no recording during performances, but I took on of rehearsal.  This definitely looks like an elementary school production, but these kids have come a long way from when they started rehearsing in October.  
The Nutcracker has been exhausting.  My friends who have been doing for a couple years assured me it would all come together (true) and I would get choked up seeing the kids perform (not true).  I'm proud of my kid, but I'm not particularly moved by the experience.  I'm just filled with dread to get through the four performances and anticipating the relief I will feel when it's all over.

No comments: