Thursday, December 8, 2016

Serafina's Family Traditions project

Last week, Serafina was assigned the same Family Traditions project that Leo did in first grade.  Without hesitation, she decided she also wanted to make butter cookies and share them with her class.  

The project isn't due until the 19th but we got to work on the dough on Sunday night.  

 She's a good little baker.

She had a vision for her poster and she did a great job creating it.  It was definitely different than her brother's.  
 She is very proud of it.  I'm glad she finished this part of the project since next week is going to be very busy with Nutcracker rehearsals.  We will bake up the cookies the day before she shares them with her class.
 Speaking of cookies...tomorrow night is the annual cookie party.  I'm back to hosting it at my house since this year I have a functioning kitchen instead of a construction zone.  I also have brand new floors that I need to protect, so I'll be asking guests to remove their shoes but I have Christmas sock party favors to offer.  Here they are all hung up and ready for tomorrow.

No comments: