Which leads me to food. My mom likes to say "food looms large in our lives." No truer statement has ever been uttered when it comes to a house with a toddler and a pregnant woman. This morning I gave into my donut craving, which was delicious and promptly made me feel quite ill. For the most part, I've been trying to eat healthy, but it isn't easy when I don't have the time to prepare myself something well-balanced. I'm often just shoving the rest of Leo's PB & J in my mouth as we rush off somewhere. It is also impossible to eat anything in front of Leo that you aren't willing to share. He must have whatever you are having even if he ends up spitting it back out. Overall, he's a good eater and I don't have too many complaints. I try to minimize the battles and frustration by taking it one meal at a time. Sometimes a meal goes great, sometimes it doesn't. But there is always another meal, another day, another chance to sneak in some vegetables. This kid could live on fruit and bread and be very happy. We try to give him a little more diverse diet, but he's not always game. I'm glad I'm still nursing, because when all else fails, I know he's getting what he needs from the breast milk and that gives us peace of mind. Though, he's beginning to nurse less (whether it's because of the pregnancy or him just getting older, I'm not sure), so I need to introduce cow's milk. So far that has been a total bust. But, like I said, tomorrow is a new day and another chance to win the battle.
He's still very much in his helper stage. He loves to be handed a paper towel and walk around wiping down all the surfaces (including Tom and me). Throwing away trash is another favorite.
Here he is helping Tom with some gardening.




No comments:
Post a Comment