Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring forward

Well, I said I'd be a better blogger, but I really haven't been, have I? Honestly, not much has been happening. Last week it rained every single day, messing with our playdates and causing general stir-craziness. Wednesday, we had the usual park playdate at our house. With six toddlers in the house, I wasn't able to take any pictures, but we all had fun.

Yesterday we drove up to San Rafael to visit with some friends and their kids. Here he is listening in on a story read by Julie. Checking out all of Jacob's cool toys while Bennett investigates the slide.
Here he is being his adorable self. He was so well behaved the whole time. There are always issues with sharing when you get a bunch of kids together, but Leo really just rolls with it (and sometimes gets pushed down, which pisses off his momma).
When we started the drive home, Tom and I sat in the front and told Leo "we're going home." He repeated "go" a few times and then said, "I said go." It is so funny that he only has a handful of words, but he busts out with complete sentences. He started doing it earlier this week and it took a few times for me to realize what he was saying, but he often tells me "I said (go, bye, daddy)". He also says "I did it" when he's accomplished a task. He also is saying "baba" instead of mama, but hell, I'll take it. Right now he's very into helping - pulling washcloths out of the drawer at bath time, putting dirty (and sometimes clean) clothes in the hamper, throwing stuff in the trash can. He's great at following directions (like going to his room when I need to change his diaper or bringing some item of Tom's to him), but I know it won't last for long. Tom and I are constantly marveling at how much Leo has turned into a little person. A really awesome little person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I needed my Leo "fix". Love nana.

Rich567 said...

"He also is saying "baba" instead of mama". No surprise he's got those terms mixed up. The're pretty much the same thing to him right now ;)
Watching Leo, I was stuck by how much he now is a little boy. No longer a baby!!!
And yes, it sure is awesome when they start being helpful.
Rich