Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to biking

The best thing about having a pool in the summer is that we are in it all the time and my kids are turning into very good swimmers.  The worst thing about having a pool in the summer is that we are in it all the time and my kids don't do anything else and lose their other skills.

For example, it was overcast this weekend so we didn't swim and Leo got on his bike for the first time in a looooong time.  It was pretty miserable.  He had no confidence and there were a lot of tears.  Tom was amazingly patient with him but I think we were all relieved to go inside for dinner.  I told Leo that we were going to practice every morning so he could get better on the bike and enjoy it again.

I kept my promise and we got out on the bike today.  Thankfully, our neighbor Isaac was outside too and was willing to ride a little with him.

He got better and when he rode the bike this afternoon, he was doing great.  
 Bonus pic of Serafina on a scooter.

No comments: