We went to an Ice Cream Social at Leo's school this evening. Tom was able to make it home early enough to join us.
The kids were happy to chow on some chocolate ice cream. Tom and I were happy to have a chance to talk with Leo's teacher. She is thrilled with how he's doing in class. He's very engaged with the activities and he asks lots of questions. He takes his time with tasks, which seems like dawdling at home, but is thoughtful concentrating in the classroom. When we first got there, she said, "oh here's my smart kid." Aww...I'm glad to hear he's doing well and I appreciate all the feedback from the teacher (she sends out emails and notes home every Thursday). I'm use to the co-op preschool where I have inside look on a regular basis. Once the bell rings and he goes into his classroom, what happens is a bit of a mystery. He seems to be enjoying himself and happy to go back each day. Next Thursday is Back-to-School night, but I also have a soccer meeting and a preschool meeting (I'm suppose to give a speech) that evening. Should be interesting.
This little house is in the preschool playground, so Leo doesn't have access to it on regular school days. My kids loved it. I wish we could have one just like it in our yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment