It was our first full day with Tom gone. I received a text from him that he's arrived at his destination okay, but was exhausted. I can't even imagine. My aunt Sheila arrived this afternoon to give me a hand with my two lunatics.
Here's Serafina helping me clean up in anticipation of her arrival.
Of course, she had to do the monkey bars.
It was also a swimming lesson day. She made it through the lesson with no crying! I was so proud of her.
Leo was feeling the humidity in the swim school "bubble". He's eager to swim too, so I checked with the office and he's first on the wait list for his class level.
After swim, Aunt Sheila arrived and we headed over to baseball practice. And straight from baseball was over to Serafina's preschool Open House. The board members hosted a dessert table.
I made a brown butter snickerdoodle bar. They turned out okay. They were more like a blondie than a cookie bar, and it had a bit of orange zest in addition to the browned butter and cinnamon. Then we went inside to see Serafina's school work.
She has the longest name in the class.
Here's her special plate. Now I have one from each kid.
These are her drawings of Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.
With her teacher, Mrs. Mouritsen.
Hanging in the classroom were little school houses with self-portraits in the doorway.
On the back, the kids had said what their favorite part of preschool. Serafina said she likes playing princesses.
Her friend Mia wrote she likes to play with Serafina and color pictures. Pretty cute.
Tomorrow should be less hectic, so we can just hang with Aunt Sheila.
No comments:
Post a Comment