Just the other day I was marveling that we haven't been to urgent care in a while. I made the mistake of talking about this out loud to a friend, which of course meant the universe had to jinx me and send me straight to urgent care.
Here's Serafina yesterday engaging in some serious kite flying. This morning we were waiting for her turn in the speech therapist's office at the elementary school. She decided to stand up on a bench, fell off and hit her head on the edge of a concrete slab. I scooped her up, brushed her off and tried to comfort her. She was crying really hard. A friend was with me and suggested I check the back of her head. Sure enough, it was very bloody. Sigh. Off to urgent care. I had to walk all the way home and then drive to urgent care which seemed to take forever. She stopped crying on the drive but got very drowsy, which freaked me out.
Once the nurse cleaned up the wound, it wasn't too bad. She had a pretty good lump, but didn't need stitches or staples, and she didn't show any signs of concussion or brain injury. Maybe I didn't need to go to urgent care but it was bleeding a lot and I was pretty sure she wouldn't have let me clean it up properly. It was worth the co-pay just to have the nurse take care of that with less objections than Serafina would have given me. Though I've lost track of urgent care visits with this kid, I know this is the second head crack.
We went to a park just down the street from the market and Serafina was happy and playing normally.
In the afternoon, we went to swim lessons. I wasn't too worried about having her swim with her boo-boo because the swim cap she wears keeps her head and hair very dry.
Plus, they took the "bubble" off the learning pool so the lessons are in the fresh air and you can see the Olympic training pool and diving platforms. This swim center is very proud of its 80(!) Olympians and over 30 medals.
I had to attend an interview panel tonight for staff hiring at the preschool and then run a board meeting right after. I was exhausted going into it since the drama of the day had worn me out, but I made it through and now I have to hope that our injury mojo will improve now that we have another urgent care visit under our belt. I mean, I can't have another hurt kid again any time soon, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment