Serafina is enjoying Aquamaids camp, but it wears her out. Yesterday when it was time for her regular afternoon swim lesson, she rolled around on the floor and said her legs were too tired to do it. But she managed to get up and go to the lesson, which I was happy about. Maybe if I was nicer, I would have let her skip the lesson, but she's a tough cookie and I knew she could handle it if we just went.
Today I got to see them practice a little before pick up. It was really cute. The camp is no joke. These girls are stretching and running on land to start, followed by swimming laps, and then moving on to synchro moves. They take a short snack break but it is a very physical camp.
After camp, we had lunch and loaded up the car with stuff and friends and headed to the beach. It was a hot day in Sunnyvale, but cool and overcast at the beach.
The kids didn't care. They were excited to be at the beach.
There was a strong rip current and a lifeguard jogged over to advise us on where let the kids play.
We kept a close eye on them, but eventually moved them up onto the dry sand to build sandcastles and run around like lunatics.
On our way out of town, we had to stop at our favorite ice cream shop. On the left side of the table, Emma, Serafina and Felix. On the other side, little Lane, Max and Leo.
No comments:
Post a Comment