Finally, a beach day!
I worked out and watched my diet for the months leading up to this trip for this right here. Not a perfect body, but being comfortable walking around in my bathing suit.
My kids just love the beach and this one, Hapuna Beach, was pretty spectacular.
Sandy beach boy.
Hapuna started to get crowded and we wanted to do a little snorkling, so we moved on to Anaeho'omalu Bay (A Bay, for short). A Bay was beautiful and in a resort area so there were some nice lounge chairs to relax on while we ate lunch. Hanging at A Bay.
Before we left A Bay, we rented a three-man kayak for an hour. All four of us fit and we paddled around the bay, which was very fun but hard work.
Scenic overlook!
Salty mommy.
Our final beach of the day was Manini'owali Beach in Kua Bay, part of Kekaha Kai State Park.
We renamed it "Ito's Beach" because we found a quiet corner and scattered the ashes I brought home from Arkansas.
My dad would have really liked this spot - warm, clear water and soft sand like sugar.
I thought I would be sad doing this but it felt good. I'm glad I brought him to Hawaii because he always took me to beautiful places in Mexico when I was young.
The kids liked being part of it too because they loved their Ito.
We found a spot to hang out.
The waves were a bit rough but Leo loved jumping along the shoreline.
Here's the "oh are you really going to take my picture?" pose.
The truth is I asked him to take my picture so I can remember how I looked at 40 when I turn 50 and I don't look like this.
Because three beaches and eight hours away from the hotel weren't enough, we rinsed off at the beach shower, put on clothes and headed to a hula show.
A shopping center hosts a free hula show on Thursday night so we dined on some take out and watched the show. We weren't interested in doing a luau since I don't eat meat, but we knew the kids would like seeing some Poloneasian dance.
It was a great show and the kids loved it.
We dragged ourselves back to the hotel after another jam-packed day.



No comments:
Post a Comment