Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day Seven, Hawaii 2015 (7/4/15)

And just like that, we were on our last full day in Hawaii.  We took it a little slow in the morning and headed out for breakfast across the street from our hotel.  


After some shopping and strolling, we headed out to catch a boat for our afternoon adventure.  The boat launched from Keauhou Bay, birthplace of King Kamehameah III.
The kids were really excited.  I was really loaded up with Dramamine.


Enjoying the ride.


I was hanging in there and doing surprisingly well.  I didn't want to mess it up by moving or talking.
These two explored the boat while we got to our destination.

The boat moared at Kealakekua Bay near Captain Cook's Monument.  The murder of Captain Cook in this spot is really a lesson in not over-staying your welcome.
Dolphins!

The water was chilly and Leo was a bit dramatic about everything so he sat out during most of the activities.  Serafina snorkeled around and went down the big slide.  Tom and I also tried the slide and jumped off the high-dive.  

That's me!
I took more Dramamine for the ride back while the rest of the family enjoyed being on the water.





Pretty day.  And I didn't get seasick!  I did get drowsy later from all the Dramamine.
Once the boat got to the dock, we raced back to the hotel to get parked before they closed the road for the Fourth of July parade.
We had an excellent view from our hotel balcony.  It was a small town parade and it was quite boring.  No bands and almost no dancers or other performers.  The kids still liked it.  I took a nap.

Then it was just a few steps out of the hotel to watch fireworks over the bay.  Both kids wore earplugs but Serafina still wasn't too happy with the noise.  
It was by far the easiest firework viewing I can remember.  After the show we walked down to a local diner for dinner.  It wasn't touristy or crowded, which was perfect.

No comments: