Friday, July 24, 2015

Jungle Bot and Daddy's knee

 Today was the last day of robotics camp.  During the week, Leo worked on building a "jungle bot".  Everyday on the walk to camp (it was held at the park building just a few blocks away), he would talk and talk about what he had worked on so far and what he needed to do that day.  He was so excited.  Today he tested the bot and got to bring it home.
Jungle bot in action.  

 Tom had surgery to repair his left meniscus (in the knee) over five years ago.  Today it was time to do the right one.

Tom was a good patient despite being hungry and thirst and without coffee.  The doctor was running late so his procedure took place about hour and a half late.
 My friend had the kids so I got to hang out, keep Tom company and watch his knee get shaved.  It took a while.
 I had the kids with me when I picked him up and he was doing remarkably well and in good spirits.
He's doing really well.  So well, in fact, I'm not sure he's going to take it as easy as he should but I'll try to keep him calm.  

No comments: