Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Party

We started our Sunday like we do most Sundays, we Skyped with Nana. Leo showed her the elf book he made and she read him a book. As we were getting ready to say goodbye, he told her, "I love your beautiful eyes." What a charmer.

After Serafina's morning nap, we got ready to go to a holiday party our friends were having. I love dressing Serafina in outfits like this one. She looks like she's a super sassy retiree named Estelle minus the tacky gold costume jewelry.

Tom holds a Christmas elf, also know as baby Riley.
Leo opens a little gift from the hosts while Addison watches.
Serafina climbed into this baby chair and thought it was great fun, especially when Leo rocked her.
So, I don't think Leo is much of a party person. While we were at Addison's house, he told me, "I'm ready to go home." It was about time to leave anyway, but when we got home he had a big melt-down. Last Wednesday evening, he had a tantrum at the end of a birthday party. I assumed it was the big load of refined-sugar in the birthday cake and googled "sugar sensitivity" when I got home. But he didn't have any sugar at the party today, so maybe it was just a little too far past the usual nap time. I hope he's in good spirits tomorrow because we are having our 3rd annual cookie exchange party at our house. Yay for tons of sugar and small children!

No comments: