Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"You better not cry"

Santa Claus is coming to town, but today we went to see Santa Claus. Leo was a rock star and chatted it up with Santa, gave him a hug and had no problem smiling for the pictures. Serafina didn't do as well, but didn't have a full-blown freak-out. Of course, the rest of our time at the mall wasn't too smooth. Yesterday, we had issues at Target. Maybe my kids just aren't able to shop (oh, the horror), but that's just not realistic unless Tom hires me a personal assistant, which is on my Christmas list this year (and for eternity). Anyway, it seems like my kids like to take turns crying and/or screaming with wonderful periods of overlapping meltdowns.

To make my tough days a little more exhausting is the fact my husband has been out last night and tonight. That period of relief I get once he comes home from work didn't exist. I won't lie; it's pretty miserable. I'm going to take some mental health time this weekend. I need it. But not before my nerves are pushed a little more, since I'm snack mom tomorrow for Leo's preschool. I peeled 14 clementine oranges in preparation.

The official Santa pictures will be coming soon. There are some real winners in there, if you consider pictures of screaming, terrorized babies as winners.

Does she look a little bit traumatized? I think she'll be okay.
This cute dress is a loaner from Jenn. Her girls wore them last year.
When I got Leo dressed this morning, he said, "I look like daddy."


Sophia and Serafina had the same shirt for their post-picture casual wear, but it's kind of hard to tell because Serafina couldn't hold still.

No comments: