Saturday, December 25, 2010
Toilet Seat
Christmas changes when you become an adult. Most people get a little cynical, annoyed by Christmas music, disgusted by mass consumerism, etc. Having kids changes it again, because of the renewed excitement from seeing it through their eyes. We get so much joy from the kids' experience, we don't need much in the way of gifts. But my husband blew me away last Christmas with a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings. I knew there was no jewelry in my stocking this year and our joint gift this year - a Kindle - came a few weeks ago. When my mom set a large gift in my lap this morning and said "this is from your husband", I assumed it was the sauce pan we need (I also got that). I smiled and said, "I know what this is." So when I ripped through the paper and saw a brand new toilet seat, I laughed and laughed. I laughed so hard I cried. Leo was a little worried, but I assured him I was very happy.

I wanted this too, but I never imagined it would be wrapped up with a bow under the Christmas tree. When we re-did our bathroom, Tom picked an eco-friendly toilet with a not-so-butt friendly seat. Now we have a seat as great as the whole bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment