Saturday was the preschool's fundraising garage sale. Last year, it was my show, but this year the new VP was running things. I was a bit of a control freak last year and took on way too much. I advised that the VP do some delegating and she did a good job of shifting some responsibilities. For example, I handled all the craigslist sales and online advertising. It was strange to be so close to the event, yet not be in charge of it. I tried hard not to micromanage and just offer advice when asked and be supportive. It all worked just fine since she made almost the same amount of money I did last year. Pretty impressive.
Friday was picture day. A friend of mine gave Serafina a lovely braid before school. Here she is using my phone's camera as a mirror so she could see it for the first time.
Needless to say, she was very pleased.
We picked up Nana on Friday, so she was around while I was dealing with garage sale madness. It took up most of Friday (past 9pm) and then started again at 6am on Saturday.
Here are some volunteers laying out the merchandise. She got to use the school's parking lot this year which was great. She didn't have overnight storage though, so I suggested she get a Uhaul which you can see in the background. It ended up working out well and at a pretty low cost.
My friends came to visit me at the sale, just like last year. Katie picked out this hat for little Max. Look familiar? Yep, it was Leo's and part of my donation to the sale.
The sale (and the nap I needed afterward) took up most of Saturday, but Tom and I still had a chance to go out to dinner. There was also plenty of time to hang with Nana. There was some exploration of our Halloween box that I had pulled out of storage. Vampire teeth with Darth Vader costume.
After taking Nana to the airport, there was a fashion show. Here's Leo modeling his monster truck robot helmet and Darth Vader's belt. I'm not sure what Serafina is doing laying on the floor.
Serafina's turn to model her very messy hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment