Wednesday, October 16, 2013

School day and a sickie

 I try to help out in Leo's class at least a couple times a week.  It makes him happy when I'm there and I know the teacher could use the help.  I'm also becoming quite the expert on how to use the copy machines in the workroom.  I even made a folded, stapled book the other day.  I was very proud.

Anyway, I'm also proud of Leo and his behavior in class.  It seems like a lot of the boys have trouble following directions and have their behavior corrected frequently.  Even though Leo is friends with some of these boys, he doesn't get sucked into their naughtiness and is a model student.

Here's some of his work that was on the wall.  The teacher wanted them to draw themselves with apples on their heads, but also decorate the surrounding space.  He decided to make it a rainy day and even gave himself an umbrella.
While I was there today, their 3rd grade book buddies came in.  Zach and Leo were happy to see each other.  

Later, the teacher went over a name poem and had a few kids come up front to recite it with her.  Leo enjoyed his turn. 

 After working in the classroom, I went to the preschool to pick up Serafina.  She was glassy-eyed and warm.  I had a brief meeting about my PTA event and she got hot and groggy while we were there.  I carried her most of the way home and took her temperature even though I knew she had a fever.  She took it easy the rest of the day and even with medicine, I couldn't get the fever to come down much.  I know a lot of viruses have been going around, so hopefully she has one that will pass quickly.

Here she is resting on the couch.
She still manages to smile and look cute.  



No comments: