On Friday, my family of four plus Nana flew to Southern California for a much-needed beach vacation. Our day-to-day lives are extremely busy and exhausting, so Tom and I were craving these few days from deep down in our souls. We were so fortunate to stay with my Aunt Sheila while she housesat at the amazing Surfside house.
What Serafina really wanted was to meet the girls.
Here's Friday night's sunset with the big wedding tent in the foreground.
Friday night a big storm rolled in. There was thunder and lightening which is rare and exciting in Southern California. Unfortunately, it scared the crap out of Serafina. Saturday had some glooming weather in the morning, but we made it into a good day by visiting Main Street Seal Beach and spying on the wedding two doors down.
Serafina took some pictures of Saturday's sunset along with some wedding guests.
Saturday night, Leo joined Tom, Dillon, Zoranna (Dillon's girlfriend) and me for dinner at Taco Surf. It was Leo's second Taco Surf burrito of the trip.
Sunday started off a little grey but it didn't stop us from having fun.
My cousin Ciara came over with her husband and kids. Tom taught Zoe how to play whiffle ball.
Dezi turned a box into a spaceship.
My stepdad almost died this summer. It was really bad. But he didn't die and his amazing brother Phil was incredible during a terrible time. Phil was in touch with me regularly and made sure I had what I needed to get info directly from the ICU nurses. I haven't seen him in at least a decade, but he's moved back to Seal Beach. He came over on Sunday and I was able to hug him and thank him. Here he is catching up with my mom.
I burst into tears when I first saw him again. This picture makes me so happy.
My Uncle Gene is a character.
Saturday afternoon Serafina got to meet the girls next door. They became fast friends and on Sunday, she spent most of the day playing with one of the twins, Addison. They had so much fun together. My kids got to live the amazing life of kids in a gated beach community. They rode around in a golf cart driven by a 12 year old. They had their run of the beach, allies and even in and out of houses. They were barefoot and free and so very happy.
Mingling of family, neighbors and dogs.
Dezi checks it all out.
The bride and groom's sunset photo shoot inspired me to take some picture with Tom. We celebrated 13 years of marriage on Monday.
Sunday's sunset.
Leo with Abigail the dog and Dezi.
Cousin picture - Dillon, me and Ciara.
Steven and Dezi.
Dillon and Serafina.
Tom is the long-armed selfie king.
Best weather of the vacation was the day we had to leave, of course. But we didn't hesitate to throw on bathing suits and squeeze the last bit of fun out of the trip.
Cousin Dillon came down for some final fun.
And that was a wrap on four incredible days at the beach. I'm so glad my aunt Sheila is so generous to share the house with us. I'm also very appreciative of Jo, the home owner. I'm also extremely happy that we flew because it made everything easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment