Sunday, October 7, 2018

Leo's Birthday Party

 It's hard to believe my baby boy will be 11 tomorrow.  I gave him extra hugs at bedtime and told him this was the last time I would hug my 10 year old son.  He's becoming very grown up in a lot of ways, but he still my little bubba and I'm very glad he isn't too cool for me quite yet.

A while back we discussed how he wanted to celebrate his birthday.  He had a very small guest list since parties and too many people stress him out.  I know the boys he invited very well and they are all big video game enthusiasts.  I found a video game place at a nearby mall that has a ton of recliners, screens, controllers and headsets.  You pay by the hour for the kids to play games and they have a large selection of games to chose from.  It was a no brainer.  One of his invitees was out of town (they'll have a playdate together later this week), so Tom and I just took Leo and two friends to the gaming place.

Here's Leo all set up to play.

 At first they weren't sitting together but as people left, they were able to shift around and sit together.

 Here's Kyle (closest to the camera), Elouan and Leo.  The best part was that the boys were fully entertained and taken care of by the staff so Tom and I were able to wander and shop at the mall.

The boys had two hours of playtime before we headed home.  Pizza was delivered right after we arrived at the house.  And after pizza we had a tiny little ice cream cake.  It was perfect for Leo's tiny party.  




All and all, a successful party.  He had fun with his friends and it was easy on me and Tom.  We will continue to celebrate this sweet boy's birthday on his actual birthday tomorrow.

No comments: