Sunday, October 28, 2018

Halloween Creepy Crawl 2018

Last night my house was the last stop on a progressive party we called the Halloween Creepy Crawl. For the past two years, we've done a St. Patty's themed pub crawl as a PTA fundraiser.  I told my co-hosts after the last one that I couldn't do it in March anymore because it's during ski season.  We decided to move it to October and this Saturday was a date that worked for all the hosts, so we made it Halloween themed and it was a total blast.  

 Here I am with two of the other hosts, Mary and Lizzy.   I am Marvin the Martian.  He's always been my favorite Looney Tunes character (I fondly remember watching the cartoons with my dad) and when I found the costume for six dollars at the Goodwill, I had to get it.  Mary is Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  Lizzy is a Pink Lady from the movie Grease.  Lizzy's house was the second stop.

 Mary's house was the third stop.  She had a make-your-own nachos bar with chips, queso, veggie chili and tons of toppings.  It was genius and delicious.  Her husband set up a photo studio in the garage. Tom is a granny in a borrowed wig from Nana.

Here are some of my favorite people: Mary, Lizzy, Kristi (also dressed as RBG!) and Aida who recycled a costume Lizzy made for her son Navid in 2015.


We had to leave Mary's early to set up for the final stop of the night.  I still managed to eat two plates of nachos.  As the last leg, we got to be dessert which is definitely in my wheel house.  I made two kinds of cookies - pecan cookies with a brown sugar icing and chocolate cookies with Halloween M&Ms.  I also made two cakes - an apple cake with a nut topping and a pumpkin cake with a cream cheese frosting.  I was really happy with how everything turned out.  I also had lots of salty snacks out for munching.  

 Once we were home, Tom's granny costume took a naughty turn and our guests were shocked and  thrilled and deeply amused.  It's not exactly appropriate to post on the blog because my kids still think he was just a regular granny and sometimes they look at the pictures, but I'll show you some reaction shots.

Here's Ricky seeing what's under the granny robe for the first time.  And Ricky's reaction cracked up Lizzy.
 Everyone had to snap a picture.  Sitting at this table is Serafina's teacher (who is also Kristi's sister).  I did have a moment of hesitation when Tom picked this costume and I knew Kourtney would see it, but fortunately I know Kourtney well enough to know she would just laugh along with us.
 I was proud of my cat-eye make-up and my DIY brush top for a more accurate Marvin the Martian.

No comments: