Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back to normal (mostly)

We are slowly recovering from the garage sale.  I've gotten rid of a few leftover items on Craigslist, I've returned the storage bins loaned to me by preschool parents and our garage is almost cleared out and ready for my car again.  I'm hoping to reclaim the garage this weekend.  I've received a lot of compliments, congratulations and thanks from the preschool parents for my hard work.  I appreciate it and it feels good to have it be acknowledged.  It's kind of awesome to be almost halfway to the fundraising goal after one big blowout day.  

On Monday, Leo had his five-year check up.  He's just fine except for a little cold.  He was good about answering the doctor's questions and didn't even cry when he got the flu shot.  


 Serafina and I had received our shots earlier in the day.  She cried but was cheered up by a treat and a sticker.  I didn't get a treat after my shot.  I just felt exhausted for a few hours that afternoon.  It wasn't fun, but it didn't last long.  We were shot buddies that day.


 Tuesday, Serafina went to school and made this spider hat, same as Leo made two years ago.  Leo had his first field trip to a local farm.  Hopefully I'll get to see some pictures soon since I couldn't join them.
 Today when we picked up Leo from school, the teacher had a water table set up outside the room.  Serafina had fun with it while we waited for Leo to get out.  His classmate back there doesn't seem pleased that Serafina was playing in it.

 I say things are mostly normal because my back is a bit abnormal right now.  Two weeks ago I saw my pain management doctor to review a low back MRI done a few weeks before.  Apparently, I have two bulging discs, a tear and a pinched nerve.  I'm in a lot of pain, so it wasn't surprising.  He's solution is to inject the discs with steroids.  Of course, I couldn't deal with it until I was done with the sale, but all the physical efforts of the sale has aggravated it quite a bit.  Sunday I could barely move and today I've had a lot of pain as well.  I'm scheduled to get the injections next Wednesday.  It's a bit of a logistical pain as well as a physical pain since it has to be done in the surgery center, I'm going to be sedated and Tom has to drive me.  Thankfully, I was able to line up a sitter, which was the trickiest and most important part to being able to get the injections.

I've had to lay down a lot today.  Here is Serafina joining me on the grass outside.  It was very warm today.

Leo got this cool rocket from his Grandma Carrie and Aunt Maggie for his birthday.  It gets very impressive height, probably because he is so good at stomping it.  





 Not just fun for launching rockets apparently.
A little pre-dinner painting session.  

No comments: