He started the day with some Lego construction. It's been a big Lego birthday and I've been putting together quite a few Lego creations. It's kind of like baking since you have to carefully follow directions.
Then it was off to school.
Silly face.
About 45 minutes into class time, I came into the room. I'm not sure why he's laying his head down on the desk.
Then the kids moved to the "carpet" but Leo got to sit up front with his teacher.
She asked that we bring in some pictures of him as a baby and little kid to share with the class.
During playtime, he got to go to the principal's office to pick out a special birthday book. She had a lot to choose from, but as soon as he spotted a "Mighty Machine" book with a monster truck on the cover, he didn't need to look any further.
This evening we took Nana to the airport and even though he's a big boy, he's gotta do a little sleeping in the car. I doubt there are many five-year-olds that need to nap as often as he does. He never wants to take one, but he frequently needs it and I have him lay down at least a few times a week.
Daddy brought home a pizza for dinner and Leo got to open one final present. This one was from his sister; she picked it out herself because it was a set of monster trucks and she knew he'd love it. He did. Wow. Five years old. This feels big for me, but he's just a happy kid who likes to say he's five now.





No comments:
Post a Comment