Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Preschool Costume Parade and Netapp Party

I caught the kids doing this right before we left the house today. Awww...they are so stinking cute.
Serafina's class had their Halloween party and parade.  I managed to get her to school, race Leo to school and make it back in time for the parade.  Leo was clearly a little jealous that Serafina got to wear her costume to school and get treats, since his school doesn't celebrate Halloween.  Those wacky Lutherans.

Little Ashley (on Serafina's left) wants Serafina to sit next to her during every circle.

The teacher went around and had each kid tell the class what he/she was dressed as.  

Then the kids paraded through the kindergarten class and elementary school office.  I don't have any pictures of the parade because she insisted on holding my hand the whole time making it difficult to take pictures.
Group picture.  Four out of the five boys in her class dressed as Spiderman.

I came back at the end of class to help distribute treats.  It's pretty much chaos to get all these kids to put  goodies in one another's bags.
The teacher had each kid come up and pretend like he/she was trick-or-treating at her door.  It was cute.  
Distributing treats.  
Later in the afternoon we went to Tom's work because they were having a Halloween party for all the families.  It was kind of crowded and not that fun, but why wouldn't we want to visit Daddy at work when he stuffs cupcakes into our mouths?

A couple years ago, I took Leo into a Halloween store searching for a last minute costume item.  There was an animatronic crawling zombie on the floor and it scared the living daylights out of him.  He was traumatized and talked about it for a long time after; I was wracked with guilt, of course.  When Tom said they had turned the cafeteria into a haunted house and there was a crawling zombie, I didn't want to take the kids over there.  Tom promised we could leave if the kids were scared and he wouldn't force them into anything.  Leo held my hand the whole time and did great.  He was interested in all the spooky stuff and even like the crawling zombie.

I rubbed the zombie's head.  All this Halloween hubbub and we haven't even hit Halloween yet.  Shew!

No comments: