Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spine Whine

I made it through my procedure okay. Due to some bad information from the nurse giving me pre-op instructions last night, I ate too close to the procedure time and the doctor wouldn't give me sedation. My choices were to postpone or have it done with no sedation. Since I had a babysitter and Tom had taken the time off work, I didn't want to reschedule. I asked if they could at least give me a Valium to take the edge off my nerves. The answer was no. Ugh. The doctor assured me it wouldn't be too bad (liar!!!). So I went in there, fully aware of it all and despite having some local numbing, feeling it all. Not a pleasant experience at all, whatsoever. My mom said, if it's standard to do it with sedation, there is a reason for that. Very, very true. It's possible (likely?) I will have to do this again if my back starts acting up and I'll know better next time not to trust what the nurse says and fast for a long time before and get the sedation. As much sedation as I possibly can. With maybe a doggie bag of sedation on the side to take home since the recovery isn't that fun either.

 I did have some company for recovery though.  Serafina came in bed to watch Yo Gabba Gabba on my computer.

Then Leo had to join in, of course.  
I'm going to try to take it easy tomorrow, but Friday and the weekend and all next week are jam-packed with activities, so I'm hoping to be fully recovered soon.  The doctor said I can resume all normal activities (including yoga) in five days.  I don't think he was being a lying liarpants about that.

No comments: