Friday, January 4, 2013

Dentist and Birthday playdate

 We headed to the dentist today.  Our usual Zack Braff dentist wasn't there, but the other dentist was very nice though he didn't look like anyone famous.

I love the look on Leo's face in this picture.  It's as if he wondering if I'm really going to document this trip to the dentist.
Heck ya, I am.  I'm going to document the crap out of it, so get ready, son.  
 He's wearing headphones so he can hear the movie playing on the ceiling.

Leo is an absolute pro at the dentist and has never had a problem cooperating and having things put in his mouth.  I thought he'd be a great example for Serafina.  She watched some of his exam/cleaning and she seemed completely unconvinced.  
 She's not buying this hygienist's rap at all whatsoever.
 Unsurprisingly, she didn't have a full exam and cleaning, but she did work with them a little bit.

 By the time it was the dentist's turn, she was so over it we had her sitting in my lap with her head on the dentist's lap.  She did a decent job letting him look in her mouth.  


After the dentist, we went straight to the park for Katie and Elisa's birthday playdate.  Serafina stayed in this swing for a long time but didn't want me to push her very high.  I think she was trying to recover from the whole experience.  
 Leo and Maia help push.
We made all the kids pose for a picture before they could have birthday cupcakes.
 There are 14 kids in that picture.  Fourteen kids belonging to five moms.  I'm not pulling my weight in the group since I only have two.  Number 15 is coming next month and that will make our group as big as Serafina's preschool class.  It's already bigger than Leo's class.
 I think Max was hoping for a bite of Serafina's cupcake.
 He's out of luck with her.  He's so stinking cute though.
 Lots of happy kids with their cupcakes.
 One of the birthday girls.  Katie looks like a goth teenager with her dark lips (from the frosting).

We leave for Tahoe in less than two hours.  The kids are ridiculously excited.  We have to bring so much stuff for our first visit of the season; it's a little insane.  But all the other visits will be a lot easier.  Our plan right now is an every-other-weekend schedule, which is exhausting to think about.  Oh, and we haven't seen our house yet, so that's a bit of a mystery.

No comments: