Shew. It's been quite a day. We needed to escape the house so the cleaning ladies could do their very important job without being peppered with questions from my kids and requests from Serafina to watch her ballerina moves. I had a Groupon for open play at an "indoor sports complex". I wasn't sure what to expect and it was a bit of a drive, but we headed down there ready for an experience. The complex was HUGE and contained three roller rinks, two indoor soccer fields and a back corner with a bunch of bounce houses. The Groupon allowed the kids two hours in the bounce houses, but we didn't last that long. It was pretty crowded (schools are still on vacation) and there were a lot of rambunctious big kids. My kids are hyper and crazy, but they are still pretty small, so they get overwhelmed. We could have easily gone home and relaxed after that outing, but that wasn't in the cards for us. We are prepping to go to Tahoe tomorrow night, so we needed to stop at Costco and the sporting goods store. They were really good about it all and we did eventually come home and chill in front of the TV for a bit.
But then we headed out for a photo safari.
I'm glad Serafina likes her puffy jacket so much because she's going to need it this weekend in Tahoe. She actually has two jackets that are exactly the same except they are two different shades of pink. I don't remember the jackets' origins; I'm sure they are hand-me-downs or garage sale finds, so it's funny that they are the same.
Tomorrow is a busy day too. Both kids will be seeing the dentist during back-to-back appointments. Leo will go first because he's a pro and will show Serafina that it's no big deal. Serafina will probably freak out and be a big pain in the butt. The dentist and his staff are very nice, so hopefully it will be okay. The dentist looks strikingly similar to
Zack Braff, which shocks me every time I see him. It's quite an uncanny resemblance.
No comments:
Post a Comment