We kicked off the ski season this past weekend and everyone had a fun, but exhausting time.
We are staying in a different place this year. It is very spacious and the main living space is very open and perfect for hanging out. Unfortunately, we are on the second floor of the house (the bottom is a studio apartment with a long time resident), so we have to hike up a flight of stairs to get in and out, which isn't easy with two kids and a ton of gear. Also, no view of Donner Lake, which I loved about last year's spot. But we were really happy there this weekend and I think we'll have a good season at this place.
Here are the kids stretching before going out Saturday morning.
We dropped off the boys and went to park the car. Serafina walked back to the lodge with me and it was slow going. Last year, I was still carrying her in the pack on my back almost everywhere on the mountain. I can't do that any more, so she's got to get around on her own.

Getting geared up and getting excited.
Daddy helping with the mittens.
Look at these Mirrione boys. They look alike, especially when they are about to do one of their favorite activities. Serafina and I went out to see them just finishing up their first run. Here's Tom coming down the trail.
Here comes Leo.
Here's the second run of the day (and the season).
Today, Tom and Leo went to a small ski spot very close to our rental house. I appreciated the convenience since Serafina and I went back to the house to pack up and clean up. Tom took this video of Leo tearing it up. He's getting so good!








No comments:
Post a Comment