Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pizza Party Field Trip

Today was Serafina's Pizza Party field trip. Leo had this same field trip two years ago, but it happened in the spring on an unseasonably hot day.

This is a picture of her from Tuesday though.  She is always so happy to see me waiting outside her classroom when she comes in from the playground.  The little girl behind her is named Isabella.  She's rocking a Dorothy Hamill hairdo because over the holiday break, she took a pair of scissors to her head.  I fear this for my own kid, but I think Serafina is too attached to her hair to whack it off.

Anyway, we met at the pizza place at 10am, which isn't really the time of day I associate with pizza.  It was my assigned work day, so I was dressed in my school shirt and tried to be as helpful as possible.

Each kid was dressed in an apron and paper hat.  

The pizza lady (I didn't catch her name) asked the kids to keep their arms behind their backs since they were walking by hot ovens and such.  I couldn't believe how well they did with that direction.  From left to right: Natalie, Ashley and Serafina.

We were in the freezer and Pizza Lady (PL) showed them different veggies.  It was really cold in there and the kids were only slightly interested.
PL showed them a pizza coming out of the oven.  Yep, we let a bunch of three year old right up next to a giant pizza oven.  It smelled delicious. 
Tour over, time to make pizza!
Saucing it up.
Sprinkling the cheese.
She loaded on some topping, though I knew she would make me pick them off before she ate it.

The pizza came out pipping hot from the oven and it was hard to convince the kids to wait for it to cool down.  You can tell from her face that it was still too hot.  
Cheese face!


No comments: