It's been quite a week. When I first decided to send Leo for a full day of school, I figured he'd start by going just twice a week until 3pm and I'd continue to pick him up at noon the other days. Though when I discussed my plan with his teachers, they recommended three days a week in a row, so he could have more continuity. Then I spoke to the bookkeeper and she told me it would cost the same for the full week as three days a week. So we paid for full time for the full week, but I thought I could still pick him at noon some days. I figured especially in the beginning he might not be ready to dive right in to full day for the whole week. I was wrong. Every day this week, I asked him if he wanted to stay the full day and every day he said yes. Mid-way through the week, I realized the other kids had comfort items in their cubbies for nap time. I asked him if he wanted to bring a rat (his specially buddy) and a blanket. He did, but I realized that all the rats we have at home (yes, we have more than one) were too beat up and gross looking to take to school. So Serafina and I took a trip to IKEA while Leo was in school to pick him up a couple new ones. Of course we had to get other random items as well. Here's Serafina trying out a bed.

It's strange and wonderful to have Leo gone for so much of the day. Serafina and I get to spend a lot of time together and don't have to rush through errands to pick him up on time. I like hanging with this little girl.

But I miss Leo! By the time he gets home, we don't have that much time before dinner and bedtime. It's been tricky to squeeze in his homework. He's also exhausted and emotional since he's had to keep it together at school all day. He's not napping during nap time, which isn't a surprise since he's in a classroom with 20 other squirmy little bodies. I made the mistake of going to the bank after picking him up from school. He had a major meltdown over the flavor of lollipop he got from the bank. It was quite a display and luckily it happened at a branch I don't usually use. I guess he's not up for an outing right after school. I've been letting him come home and watch a little TV and eat. Boy oh boy, has he wanted to eat. He brings home an empty snack bag and lunch bag, but he's appetite is still ferocious when he get home. I let him feast a bit and then he plays with Serafina. She clearly misses him too. He's very happy going to school all day and that's all I can ask for.
No comments:
Post a Comment