Monday, January 7, 2013

Full day

One of the reasons we choose Leo's school was because they had the option of Leo attending for the full school day when he was ready. At the beginning of the school year, I knew he wasn't ready to stay until three pm. He was still napping regularly and the emotional demand of being away from home all day seemed too much for him. But over the last few months, he has matured and he was ready to stay through lunch and into the afternoon. Today was his first day staying for the full day. I was anxious the whole time but really enjoyed having just one kid for so long, especially since she napped for part of it.

She also dressed up like this.    
I was 15 minutes early to pick him up.  I knew he was fine, but I couldn't help myself.  Serafina enjoyed playing on the slide while we waited for her brother.  

He did great.  He said that "rest time" was boring and too long, but the teacher said he seemed like he would have fallen asleep if it was longer.  It does take him a long time to settle down and fall asleep.  I made sure he went to bed at a decent time tonight.  He's happy to go for a full day tomorrow too since he has to continue playing a game he started today.  Tomorrow morning they will be going on a field trip, which usually wears him out so he might actually fall asleep during rest time.  Either way, he's happy to be going full time and it is a wonderful milestone.  He's such a big kid now and I'm proud of him. 


No comments: