And dance along with the Rockettes.
With all the baking I do, I haven't really made pie crusts. I had a crust disaster a long time ago, and I became a little intimidated by them. Today I tried again and it came together nicely and rolled out well. I was encouraged and felt it might just work.
We headed over to my friend Cara's new house. It's a very lovely place and my kids always have fun with Addison and Riley. Here they are having a little pre-dinner dress up.
Once an iPad is switched on, they are like moths to a flame.
Gathering around the table to give thanks.
I'm sad we didn't get one with Cara in it since she looks so cute with her baby belly. Their third girl is due in February.
Leo said he's thankful for God. Serafina said she's thankful for candy.
It was hard to wait for dessert to be served, so watching a little TV helped distract them.
Tom was in charge of making the stuffing and when he got there, he took care of the gravy. I made some chive butter, butternut squash soup, this apple cake with caramel glaze...
The kids gobbled it up.
Overall, it was a very nice evening and we appreciate our friends hosting us. My kids behaved pretty well, especially since they aren't feeling that well. We made a last minute trip to the doctor last night since Serafina has been complaining about a headache. She got diagnosed with a sinus infection and was prescribed an antibiotic. Leo has the same issue, but not as sever (he has the advantage of being bigger and older), so even though the doctor prescribed him the same antibiotic, he said we can hold off giving it to him and see if he starts to improve on his own. It's not a holiday around here unless someone is sick.

No comments:
Post a Comment