Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Santa and a unicorn

 Santa and a unicorn isn't the name of my upcoming holiday children's book (though maybe it should be), but rather two of my recent crochet creations.

This little Santa door hanger is a housewarming gift for our Thanksgiving day hosts.
 I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.


I made this unicorn for Serafina.  I told myself a while back I wasn't going to make anything else for my kids, because they go completely unappreciated and get lost in the heaps of other stuff animals and toys.  But then I checked out a pattern book from the library and this unicorn was in it, and I couldn't resist.  

She was so excited when I gave it to her but now it is at the bottom of the mountain of stuff in her bed.  Oh well.  I might dig it out and put it in my bed instead.  It's really darn cute.  

 Serafina has become even more clingy and possessive than usual.  She's like a creepy high school boyfriend.  She wants to know where I am all the time.  She walks around the house asking "where are you, mommy?" with her voice becoming increasingly panicked.  She insists on sitting in my lap or right next to me.  No one else is allowed to hug me or sit with me.  She tells me she loves me a lot, which is very sweet, but she's beginning to smother me a bit.  Hopefully she eases up soon since I can't exactly break up with her.

No comments: