Saturday, October 11, 2014

Gilroy Gardens birthday trip

Shortly after Serafina's birthday, Leo started talking about what he wanted to do for his.  His first thought was a party with a graveyard cake.  I wasn't thrilled with hosting another party, but I would have done it for my guy.  But that quickly changed to going to Great America amusement park with his friend Kyle.  Great America is just a couple miles away, but it's an expensive, high thrills park with massive roller coasters.  It didn't seem like a good fit.  We talked Leo into going to Gilroy Gardens instead.  We haven't been there since we went two years ago.  Kyle's parents were on board with letting him come with us and off we went today.  

Here are the boys right after we arrived.  The park was decorated for Halloween and they played the same five Halloween songs over and over.  

 In the hay maze.
 Ready for their first ride.
 All loaded up in the balloon ride.

 Poor Tom didn't respond well to going around in circles.  I am well aware of my aversion to circular rides and sat out of almost everything today.
 On the train.

 The cars are always popular.

 A monorail.
 Back to the cars.  I told Kyle it was his turn to drive, but he didn't want to.
 Kyle is a bit timid and shy.  He's not that great at making conversation with me (or Tom) but he gets along wonderfully with Leo and they are very similar.
 More rides.
 Creepy worm.
 You can't see that creepy face when you're riding it though.

 All crammed in to the artichoke ride.
 They chose Icees for dessert.  We bought one and got two extra cups so I could split it up.  I didn't think they all needed these giant cups of sugar, but Kyle was slightly appauled that he wasn't getting a full cup.  Get over it, kid.
 By lunchtime it was getting hot.  All the kids had their bathing suits with them so they were able to play in the water.


 A person dressed as a garlic dressed as a witch.  Why not?
One last picture.  

No comments: