Even though Leo was thoroughly frightened of the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video after he watched it, he also became fascinated by werewolves. He decided a while back that's what he wanted to be for Halloween. He was unwavering. I knew I could make most of the costume, so I hit the store for craft fur and the garage sale for clothes.
I bought the hat and nose because I wasn't sure I could do the make-up very well and I knew for sure I didn't have enough energy for a hat.
It was Leo's idea to have some rips in the jeans with fur poking out.
When we were looking at werewolf costume photos for inspiration, Serafina spotted Little Red Riding Hood and decided that's what she wanted to be.
I bought the hood and used regular clothes for most of the costume. I dusted off the sewing machine and made the apron though.
Dollar bin gloves with craft fur and foam claws.
If I never see another piece of craft fur for the rest of my life, I won't complain.
Don't they look cute?
We've always gotten together with our friends for a pre-Halloween playdate and photo shoot. With Katie and her kids off in Kansas (they flew out today, in fact), it was just Jenn's kids and mine.
Leo got into his part.
No comments:
Post a Comment