The big day finally came and Leo had a great birthday. How could the day be anything less than awesome when it starts off with presents.
Birthday boy on his way to school.
Here he is at pick up.
He got to choose a book from the birthday box and he picked this one. He read it all by himself when we got home.
The number one gift on his list was a remote control helicopter (like the kind they sell at the mall kiosks). When I found this "flying alien sphere" at Costco I knew it would be a hit. I also knew it would be a little trick to fly, but he's been very patient and calm about it, and understands it will take a lot of practice to master. Here is a pretty successful flight.
We went out to dinner.
Leo received a box set of "Bad Kitty" books and read one with his dad while we waited for the food.
After dinner we did FaceTime with Nana so she could wish him a happy birthday.
Then it was time for cake.
I found these gummy Day of the Dead skull decorations today when I was running errands and they were too cool not to buy and use.
Leo loved them.
Simple vanilla cake with my favorite buttermilk chocolate frosting. It was tasty.
He was in a great mood all day and it was so fun to celebrate him turning seven. We have special plans for the weekend to celebrate some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment